Did you know that over 15 million people in the US shop at Michaels, both online and offline? It is the one-stop shop for Americans that want to buy handicrafts and arts. If they are demographically well covered in the US, then one might wonder whether they accept Apple Pay, one of the most popular payment methods. In the course of this article, we will be answering a popular question that is being asked by Michaels customers: “Does Michaels Take Apple Pay?” Without further mouthing, let us delve in.
The short answer is yes they accept Apple Pay in some stores but not all their stores. The reason for this is that the NFC technology has not been implemented yet in all of the store locations of the Michaels brand.
If you want to know more about it, and also know how to use Apple Pay at a Michaels store, read on.
How To Use Apple Pay At Michaels
For stores that Accept Apple Pay, you can use your iPhone or Apple Watch to make payment at Michaels. One of the best reasons to use Apple Pay is that with it you can keep your transaction data exclusive. The use of Apple Pay, according to Apple’s user policy prevents third parties from accessing your user data. As if that is not enough reason to use Apple Pay, the seamlessness and convenience in using Apple Pay add to the goodies that are attached to using Apple Pay.
If you want to use Apple Pay at Michaels, but are not sure how to go about it, the good news is, how to go about it is simple. Here is a practical guide on how to use Apple Pay with your iPhone at Michaels:
- First off, grab your iPhone and open up the Apple Pay application.
- Press the + sign in the user interface to add a payment card. It is this card that will be used as a default payment card at Michaels. You can add more cards if you wish.
- After adding your default payment method, you can head to Michaels and start shopping for art supplies.
- On reaching the checkout, take out your iPhone or Apple Watch, depending on the Apple device you are going to use.
- Double press the power button that is by the side of your Apple device, to open the user interface for Apple Wallet.
- Select the default card for paying for your Michaels product.
- From then on, bring your Apple device closer to the tap area of the NFC-enabled payment terminal.
- You will have to verify your identity with Touch ID or Face ID, or with the password that you previously set on your Apple device.
- With your Apple Watch, you will get a buzz notification that the payment went through, while with your iPhone, you will get an on-screen notification.
Other Payment Methods Accepted At Michaels
Other than Apple Pay, Michaels as a crafts brand accepts cash, Samsung Pay, Google Pay, Tap-and-Go cards, Visa cards, debit cards, credit cards, and other NFC-enabled payment wallets.