You probably are What Does Channeling do in Minecraft? Well, here we are with all the details about Channeling in Minecraft.
What is Channeling in Minecraft?
Channeling is a trident enchantment that will summon a lightning strike when a mob is hit by your trident. This exclusive trident enchantment only works in thunderstorms and can be useful for farming mob heads as you can easily dictate which creeper becomes supercharged with your trident. Else, you can enjoy summoning lightning to smite down any mob that annoys you.
So, What Exactly Does Channeling do in Minecraft?
Channeling summons a lightning bolt when a mob is hit by a thrown trident if there is currently a thunderstorm occurring.
The mob must be exposed to the open sky for the enchantment to work. This enchantment allows the player to change creepers into charged creepers, villagers into witches, pigs into zombified piglins, and mooshrooms into their opposite color (red into brown and vice versa).
Meanwhile, it should be noted that in the circumstances stated above, even though a bolt of lightning cannot be summoned if the mob itself is hit by a Channeling trident, they are still affected by the lightning if it strikes nearby.
For instance, if a Channeling trident hits an armor stand next to a creeper in water, the lightning will be summoned as normal. Moreso, the creeper will become charged, for being in the affected radius of the lightning.
How to Get Channeling do in Minecraft
Channeling is available from enchantment tables, raid drops, (Bedrock Edition only) books obtained by fishing, minecart chests, chest dungeons, librarian villagers, and from chests found in Overworld non-village structures. Channeling and Riptide are mutually exclusive. If combined using commands, Riptide supercedes Channeling.
Picks By Editor:
History and Facts About Channeling
In Java Edition
- First, channeling is added alongside the addition of tridents.
- Channeling is no longer compatible with Riptide.
- Channeling can now be triggered by hitting lightning rods.
In Bedrock Edition
- Channeling has been fully implemented and is no longer part of Experimental Gameplay.
- Added Channeling as part of Experimental Gameplay, able to be applied to the new tridents.
- Tridents are now fully implemented and can now be enchanted with Channeling.
- In Java Edition, Channeling doesn’t affect mobs in some circumstances.
- A mob cannot be: in Water, in Lava, in a Cobweb, on Soul sand, on Honey block, on Snow (if snow layer is 8), in a Minecart, or in a Boat while being hit with this enchantment.
- Mobs in minecarts and boats can be struck only if passive.