In the world of movie streaming, Netflix is one of the best platforms in the game. This is because it offers users lots of TV shows, movies, documentaries and comedy specials on the get-go. Did you know that you could download Netflix content without an internet connection? Did you also know that these Netflix downloads don’t last forever? The downloads of Netflix content can expire after some days. In the course of this article, we will be elucidating how long Netflix downloads last.
This is How Long Netflix Downloads Last
Netflix download lasts depends on the title and license of the content. If this is confusing to you, don’t worry, we will explain this in detail in a moment.
There are titles on the Netflix platform that does not allow for downloads at all. Your downloads will take 48 hours to last or expire after you have watched them, or played the title.
If you play downloaded video content on Netflix, you will see how many days are left for the expiry of the content. Netflix is powered with a smart download feature that deletes the past episodes of the series that you have watched and then simplifies the next offline video content-watching task.
The Reason Why Netflix Downloads Expire In The First Place
Every offline download you make on Netflix comes with an expiry date. There is a limited period of time, allocated to watching downloaded video content. It is important to note that once your watch time is over, you will need to renew it for a limited time frame.
How To Redownload Shows On Netflix After They Expire
You want to watch the latest season of “The House Of Dragon” or any other show you love. You might want to watch it later, maybe on your way home. What can you do?
If your downloads on Netflix have expired, here is a practical guide on how to go about it:
1. How To Redownloads Of Netflix Shows On Android
Netflix has a large fandom that use Android devices to access their content. If your Netflix show on android expired, here is how you can redownload it:
- Proceed to click on the Downloads icon. If you do not see the downloads icon, then click on the More button, before you click My Downloads.
- Next up, click on the Edit button, which is located on the right corner of your screen.
- You will see boxes near the shows you wish to delete.
- Click on Delete.
- Then proceed to redownload your desired titles or shows.
2. Redownloads Of Netflix Shows On iPad, iPhone And iOS
Android is not the only platform where you can redownload shows after they expire. You can do same on your iPad, iOS, and iPhone device. Here is how:
- On the home screen of the Netflix app, click on “Settings”.
- Proceed to tap on General.
- Then click on Date and Time. If the date and time on your Netflix powered device is incorrect, turn on the Set Automatically feature.
- Head back to the Home Screen.
- Check out your internet connection.
- Click on Downloads, then click My Downloads.
- You will see an Edit option on the top right corner of your screen.
- Search the title or show you want, you will see the Download icon beside the name, click on it to save it to your device.
3. How To Redownload Netflix Shows On Your Windows Device
Netflix’s influence cuts across multiple platforms, and Windows is one them. Here is a straightforward procedure for Netflix users that wish to redownload their Netflix shows on a Windows device:
- Check your Windows device for active internet connection.
- Click on Menu.
Enter “My Downloads” by clicking on it.
- Proceed to click on Alert.
- Finally, the Netflix user on Windows can click on Renew Download.