One of the best and cost effective ways of shipping lightweight packages and parcels is the USPS Mail Innovations. This service is often used by small businesses and individuals who need to ship items weighing less than 16 ounces. USPS Mail Innovations offers a tracking service that allows you to track your package from the moment it is picked up until it is delivered to its destination. However, there are times when the tracking information may not be updated, leaving you in the dark about the status of your package. In the course of this article, we will discuss what to do when USPS Mail Innovations tracking is not updating.
Reasons Why Your USPS Mail Innovations Tracking Is Not Updating
There are several reasons why this may happen and we state them as follows;
- Package has not been scanned yet – USPS Mail Innovations relies on a barcode system to track packages. If the package has not been scanned yet, the tracking information will not be updated. This can happen if the package has not yet been picked up by the USPS or if it is in transit to a sorting facility.
- Tracking information is delayed – Sometimes, there may be delays in updating the tracking information due to technical issues or a backlog of packages at the sorting facility.
- Incorrect tracking number – It is possible that the tracking number provided to you is incorrect or has been entered incorrectly. In this case, the tracking information will not be updated.
- Package has been lost – While rare, it is possible for a package to be lost in transit. In this case, the tracking information will not be updated past a certain point.
What To Do When Your USPS Mail Innovations Tracking Is Not Working
Now that we understand why the tracking information may not be updating, let’s look at what you can do when this happens.
- Wait a few days – It is possible that the tracking information is delayed due to technical issues or a backlog of packages. In this case, it is best to wait a few days and check the tracking information again. If the tracking information still has not been updated after a few days, move on to the next step.
- Contact the USPS – If the tracking information has not been updated after a few days, it is best to contact USPS directly. You can do this by visiting the USPS website and filling out the contact form or by calling their customer service number. Be sure to have your tracking number ready when you contact them. They will be able to provide you with more information about the status of your package.
- Contact the sender of your package– If you are not the sender of the package, it is best to contact the sender and ask them to follow up with USPS on your behalf. The sender will have more information about the package and may be able to provide more details to USPS.
- File a claim – If the package has been lost or has not been delivered after a certain period of time, you may need to file a claim with USPS. You can do this by visiting the USPS website and filling out the appropriate form. Be sure to provide as much information as possible about the package, including the tracking number and the date it was shipped.
In conclusion, while USPS Mail Innovations is a cost-effective way of shipping lightweight packages and parcels, there may be times when the tracking information is not updated. It is important to note that this can be frustrating, but there are steps you can take to resolve the issue. If the tracking information has not been updated, wait a few days and check again. If it still has not been updated, contact USPS, contact the sender, or file a claim. By taking these steps, you can ensure that your package is tracked and delivered to its destination.