Costco is one of the biggest grocery store brands in the US. They accept a vast majority of payment methods, both online and in-store. In the course of this article, we will be looking at the answer to one question, Costo customers usually ask: “Does Costco accept Apple Pay?”. Without further mouthing, let us delve in.
The short answer is Yes! Costco accepts the Apple Pay payment method. Any Costco grocery store or gas station in the US or Canada will accept your Apple Pay app as a means of payment.
Read on if you wish to learn how to use Apple Pay at a Costco grocery store.
Steps On How To Use Apple Pay at Costco
It’s easier than most other grocery stores to pay with Apple Pay at Costco. Once you are at the checkout lane, tell the cashier that you will pay using Apple Pay and bring your phone next to the NFC card reader to complete the payment process. While paying with Apple Pay at Costco is an easy process, there are slightly different steps to follow, depending on whether you are paying in stores, online, or using the app.
Here is a guide on how to use Apple Pay to make an online order from a Costco store via your desktop computer:
- Ensure that you are signed in with your Apple ID across all your devices.
- You must have your Apple Watch or iPhone to make a purchase.
- Proceed to turn on Bluetooth on your laptop or desktop.
- Then, tap the Apple Pay button. Check to make sure all of the information is correct. When you are ready, confirm the payment.
- You confirm payment the same way you do in stores, either with Face ID, Touch ID, or your Apple Watch.
In a bid to use Apple Pay on the Costco App to make a purchase, follow the guidelines below:
- Login to the Costco app. Add items you want to buy from Costco, and proceed to the checkout interface.
- Select Apple Pay as your preferred method of payment and ensure that all your payment info is correct.
- Go on and confirm your payment on the app with Face ID or Touch ID.
- You will be debited with the card that is attached to your Apple Pay wallet.
Other Payment Methods That Costco Accepts
Other than the use of Apple Pay, there are a great variety of alternative payment options to try out at Costco. The Costco grocery store accepts Visa credit cards, and debit cards. They also take personal and business checks from persons that have a membership with Costco. EBT, cash, Google Pay, Samsung Pay, Costco Shop cards and Costco Anywhere Visa cards are not excluded from the list.
Does Costco Accept Apple Pay At Their Gas Stations
It is important to note that Costco gas stations do not accept Apple Pay as a payment method. The Costco gas payment machines are not equipped with NFC technology yet.
However, for the time being, Costco gas station customers can pay for the gas bills, with all Visa Cards in the US, the Costco Anywhere Visa By Citibank, debit cards that require PIN usage and your Costco shop card.
Picks by Editor:
Does Popeyes Take Apple Pay? Here is a Short Answer