One of the best video streaming apps out there is Tik Tok. There are chances that you can lose your Tik Tok account. If this happens to you, then you will need to know how to recover that Tik Tok account. In the course of this article, we will take you through a practical guide on how to recover your Tik Tok account.
8 Steps To Recover Your Tik Tok Account with only username
There are different scenarios where a Tik Tok user can lose their account. Maybe they deactivated it, lost the password, or darn outrightly deleted it. The following steps are the best approach to recovering your Tik Tok account:
- On the home screen of your mobile device, open the Tik Tok app.
- Head to the bottom-right corner of your smartphone user interface, and click on the profile icon.
- When you get to the profile screen, click on sign up.
- At the bottom of the Tik Tok sign-up screen, you will see a “Login” prompt, and an “Already Have An Account prompt”.
- If the reason why you lost your account was due to deactivation, proceed to log in. After which you will see a prompt to reactivate it.
- If the reason for your Tik Tok account loss was due to a forgotten password, click on the “Forgotten Password” prompt.
- You will be redirected to the key in your email address so that you will be sent a password reset link.
- After resetting the password, you can now log in to use you’re now recovered Tik Tok account.
Other Reasons Why You Might Not Have Access To Your Tik Tok Account
Other than deleting or forgetting your password, there are other reasons why a user might lose access to their Tik Tok account. Here are some of them:
Lack Of Internet Connection
It is important for Tik Tok users to note that if they do not have a stable internet connection, they may not be able to log in to the app. Make sure that you have a good connection signal before attempting to log in to your device.
Uncleared App Cache
Most of the time, a user might need to clear up their Tik Tok app cache so that they can log in. In a bid to clear your Tik Tok app cache, you need to click on the “Me” option on the menu in the right-hand corner. Then proceed to tap on the three dots in the upper right of your app screen. This will open the option for settings and privacy options. Click on the “clear cache” option that is under the option of Cache and Cellular Data.
Tik Tok Account Hack
Another thing that can cause you to lose access to your Tik Tok account is when it is hacked. An account that has a lot of followers and lots of engagements can be targeted by hackers.
This is why you should pay attention to suspicious activities on your Tik Tok account.
You should be on the lookout for some warning signs of the activities of hackers. Some of these include; an attempt to change your password, an attempt to change the phone number of the account, or your name or username. If any of this happens to your Tik Tok account, it will be locked and you cannot access it. From then on, you can proceed to use our guide to recover your Tik Tok account.