There is nothing wrong with wanting to have a transparent financial transaction with someone. Most people want to know the name of the person that is sending money to or doing business with. This article focuses on a practical guide on how to check the account holder’s name by account number online. Without further ado, let us delve in.
Ways To Check Account Holder Name By Account Number Online
It is important to note that the procedures we are about to elucidate might not work for all banks.
1. Using Mobile Internet Banking
This procedure is very simple and requires three things; the account number of the person you want to know; the name, your banking app, and internet connection.
- First login to the mobile banking app. It is important to note that the process of logging in might differ from bank to bank.
- Go to the user interface that prompts you to transfer funds.
- Click on any interface that asks you to add the recipient’s details.
- When prompted to key in the details of the receiver of funds, you will have to put in the account number of the holder.
- After keying in your fund transfer pin or OTP, you will see the name of the account holder. This is so that there is transparency in the transaction, and this way, you don’t get to make mistakes.
The name of the account holder is not used in transferring funds. However, it is important to double-check that the account number and the account holder’s name tallies with the records you have.
We strongly recommend checking this before ever processing an online payment on any platform. In countries like the United Kingdom, the names have to match in order for a transaction to take place.
2. Using An ATM
Another interesting way to know the account holder’s name by account number is by using an ATM. This ATM should be able to deposit cash.
When you head to the ATM, key in the account number you wish to deposit money. Since your intent is just to know the name of the account holder, don’t bother about making a real deposit.
The ATM is programmed to bring out the name that is registered to the account number that you keyed in. After entering the account number of the beneficiary, the number will appear on the screen of the ATM.
Why People Check The Account Holder Name
When you want to perform a financial transaction, it is important to take precautions from your own end. There are some fund transfers that are irreversible even if you take the matter to court.
Even in a business dealing with someone, if the person is withholding their name, but found it easy to put forth their account number, you are a few clicks away from knowing the name of the person. Knowing the name of an account holder ensures transparency and less fraud in financial transactions.