Most of the time, stopping an online processing transaction can be a daunting task. This is why you need a guide like this one on how to cancel a processing transaction in the bank of America.
There are modern technological advancements that make it possible to not only buy goods online but also make payments for them online. The bank of America for instance allows customers to register bank accounts that will give them access to credit card information for payment purposes.
Being the second-largest bank in America, they have a large customer base with lots of people making online payments. What if you fall into the category of persons in the USA that want to cancel a processing transaction in the bank of America? Here are practical steps to take to cancel a processing transaction in Bank of America.
7 Steps To Take To Cancel A Processing Transaction In Bank Of America
If you want to stop a processing transaction, you can contact the merchant directly and ask for a transaction reversal. If the merchant does not grant your request, you can stop the processing transaction with the below-elucidated steps:
- Go to the official bank of America website
- Enter your bank of America online ID and passcode in the red box located on the left-hand side of the home page, so that you can sign in.
- Open your credit card account
- Go ahead to click on information and services
- Find the “Dispute a transaction/get a status tab” that is located at the services section of the user interface. When found, click on Dispute a transaction link.
- Go ahead to choose the statement period when the transaction took place and hit the button next to the transaction.
- Next, click on the continue button, and follow the system prompts to submit your dispute. Fill in all the required information needed for resolving the transaction dispute. If the dispute is resolved, you have successfully canceled your processing transaction in the bank of America.
Other Ways To Cancel A Processing Transaction In Bank Of America
Other than using the online platform of the bank of America, there are other ways that a customer can stop a processing transaction.
Stopping Processing Transaction in Bank of America by Phone
Before you make a phone call to stop your processing transaction, you need to have your credit or debit card number. You also need to have your billing statement, and your merchant information ready. After getting all these details ready, you will then proceed to call Bank of America’s customer service line. When the phone call gets through, follow the prompts so that you can speak to a Bank of America customer representative. Tell them your reasons for disputing the processing transaction, and give them the additional information that they need.
Stopping Processing Transaction In Bank of America By Writing
Another interesting way to stop a processing transaction in the bank of America is by writing to the bank formally. In this process, you need to send a letter that includes a written description of why you want to stop the processing transaction. After which you will send a copy of the billing statement to:
Bank of America
PO Box 25118
Tampa, FL 33633-0900
When the Bank of America gets your request, it will temporarily suspend the charge on your bank account.