Kroger is one of the big-name grocery chains in the US. Given their popularity, there are high chances that they accept Apple Pay. In the course of this article, we will be answering one of the most asked questions by Kroger customers: “Does Kroger take Apple Pay?” Without further ado, let us delve in.
The short answer is no. Kroger does not accept Apple Pay in any of its stores. In the past, they upgraded to contactless payment terminals to accommodate payment apps such as Samsung Pay, Google Pay, and Apple Pay. However, they have their own payment app dubbed Kroger Pay.
How To Use Kroger Pay At Kroger Stores
Kroger, which is the largest supermarket chain in the US have their own payment app to boast with- Kroger Pay. in the course of subsequent paragraphs, we will be looking at a practical guide on how to use Kroger Pay to make payment for your grocery items at Kroger.
- Go to Apple App Store and search out Kroger Pay.
- Install the Kroger Pay app on your iPhone.
- Launch the Kroger Pay app and use your personal details to sign up.
- Add your payment card to the Kroger app. With the aid of this card, you will be able to make payments for your grocery items.
- On the Kroger app, you will see a prompt to choose a particular Kroger supermarket location.
- Inside the Kroger supermarket, select what you wish to buy and head to the checkout lane.
- Use the Kroger app to scan the QR code in the contactless payment terminal.
- You will receive a notification if your payment with Kroger was succesful.
What Other Payment Methods Does Kroger Accept?
Because Kroger is a large supermarket chain in the US, they accept a wide range of payment methods as an alternative to Kroger Pay and Pay.
For a start, Kroger stores accept cash payments. If you feel comfortable heading to a Kroger grocery and buying things the old-fashioned way? Be your own guest!
Worth noting is that Kroger stores also accept food stamps/EBT cards, alongside WIC cards and personal checks.
Is The Use Of Kroger Pay At Kroger Stores Safe?
Given that you are using an app to make payments instead of using physical cash or card, you might wonder whether Kroger Pay is safe for use. The good news is that the use of Kroger Pay at Kroger stores is very safe. You are not at risk of losing your funds on personal data when you are using Kroger Pay. There is a widespread belief that your personal data is leaked when you scan with Kroger Pay. This claim is not true. Kroger is a big corporation that spends a lot of money in securing its application.
The Kroger brand had a trial with Apple to see if with worked with their system of marketing. It turned out they did not like the results and opted for their own digital wallet known as Kroger Pay. The Kroger Pay app works close similarity to Apple Pay, and its use grants you a lot of loyalty benefits and redeemable reward points.