Cash App is one of the best peer-to-peer payment platforms in the fintech space. However, as most people use the app in good faith, others are looking for who to con and sway with their hard-earned funds. This article focuses on a practical guide on how to get money back on Cash App if you are scammed. Without further ado, let us get to the nitty-gritty.
Getting Your Money Back By Reporting A Scam To Cah App And Disputing The Transaction
One of the best ways to get back the money that you lost to scammers on Cash App is by reporting it and disputing it. When you report and dispute, you are coercing the merchant to return that money that you paid, if they cannot prove they provided the service that you were expecting.
After trying to contact the merchant and failing to recover your money, you should go on to file a dispute. In a bid to file a dispute, here are practical 7 steps to follow:
- Log into Cash App
- Tap on the clock icon that is in the top right corner of the user interface. This will show you the recent account activity.
- Look for the scam transaction and click on it.
- You will see an icon with three small dots, click on it.
- You will see “Nee Help & Cash App Support” option; click on it.
- Click on “Dispute Transaction”
- Fill out all required information, and answer all questions accurately to complete the dispute request.
After filing your dispute on Cash App, the team will then investigate it. In some cases, the Cash App team would send the dispute to the VISA network for investigation.
Visa on their own end would look at the transaction to determine that the promised service or product was delivered. If Visa determines that the transaction was fraudulent, they will report it back to Cash App, who will issue a refund.
How Long Does Cash App Take Before They Issue A Refund?
The time it takes for Cash App to issue a refund is conditional. If you made a request to the recipient to return your money, and they agree, the refund is usually as fast as the payment.
When the recipient of your money authorizes a refund, you will get your money back in Cash App.
It is important to note that there is an exception, where the money was sent via a debit card: getting a refund will take some time. In this case, it will take 3 business days for you to get your cash app money back.
Must Read: Learn How To Make Money On Cash App Legally
How To Spot And Avoid Scams On Cash App
Before you choose to use Cash App to send payments, we recommend that you:
- Send money to only persons that you trust via Cash App.
- Verify and double-check all recipient information before using Cash App to send payment. This way, you will ensure that you are sending money to the right person.
- Go through the profile of the recipient in order to determine that it is the correct person that is receiving the money.
- Always make sure that you don’t send money to a person that is promising something in the future.