With millions of users making daily transactions, there are times some users want to delete transactions they made on the platform. If that is why you are here, we got you covered. In the course of this article, we will be going through a practical guide on how to delete a transaction on Paypal.
What You Need To Know About Deleting A Transaction On Paypal
First off, it is important to note that Paypal does not have a functionality that allows you to delete a transaction in your Paypal account. Rather, what you can do is to delete your entire Paypal account in other to accomplish it.
This is why a Paypal user needs to be very careful before they make a commitment to making a transaction on the payment platform. In the past, it was possible to archive Paypal transactions, but even then, they could not be truly deleted.
Of recent, if you make a transaction on Paypal, there is no way for hiding or delete the transaction. In the course of subsequent paragraphs, we will be looking at how you can delete your entire Paypal account in order to achieve the deletion of your transaction history.
How To Delete Your Paypal Account In Order To Delete Your Transactions
First off, you need to understand that deleting your Paypal account can only be accomplished with your laptop or computer. Before you make any deletion, the Paypal user needs to transfer all the remaining money and have all their outstanding issues with the app resolved.
One important outstanding issue that you should resolve is paying off your balance. For instance, if you have an unauthorized transaction on Paypal, it is important for you to resolve it. Even if resolving your account involves contacting customer service, you need to do the needful.
Here are steps required in order to delete your Paypal account:
- On your laptop or desktop computer, log in to your Paypal account. As stated earlier, the only way you can delete your Paypal account is by using a computer. You cannot delete your Paypal account with your Smartphone.
- Look for the settings icon that looks like a gear. It is usually in the top right corner of the screen.
- Go to the account tab under account options and click on “close your account.” As stated earlier, you need to ensure that you have no outstanding balances before you proceed to close your Paypal account.
- If requested by Paypal, key in your bank details and then close your account.
Also worth noting is that before you delete your account, you have an option of downloading your account history.
To be able to download your account history before deleting your account, go to Paypal’s official website and click on the “Reports” tab.
- On the “Reports” page, you will see an option named “activity download.”
- After clicking on “activity download”, you will see options for different transactions that you can download.
Picks for you:
How to Delete a Transaction on Venmo