Sometimes when you are trying to enjoy your WWE 2K22 gameplay, bumps and crashes that will cause mid-game pauses, and disruption. In the course of this article, we will be covering practical guides on how to fix a WWE 2k22 crash that occurs while playing with your PC, PS5, PS4, or Xbox Series. Without further mouthing, let us delve in.
How To Fix WWE 2k22 PC Crash
It is important to note that while using your PC to play this state of art wrestling simulation game, there might be a crash or some performance issues. This is why you should be well aware of actionable ways and guides on how to fix a WWE 2k22 crash on your PC. Here are 5 practical ways to fix a WWE 2k22 crashing PC.
1. Verify Corrupt Files
One of the darn easy ways of fixing a WWE 2k22 crash on your PC is by verifying the game files. You need to ascertain whether or not the game files are corrupt or still in one piece. Follow the steps below to verify WWE 2k22 corrupt game files:
- Head to the “Access Steam Library”
- Right-click on “WWE 2K22” followed by the option labeled “Properties”.
- Click on the option labeled “Local Files” followed by “Verify Integrity Of Game Files”.
After following the above-elucidated steps run the WWE 2K 22 video game to see if he can run properly. If the game proceeds to crash again, then try other fixes illustrated below.
2. Disable Steam Overlay
Another actionable step that you can take is to disable steam overlay. If the overlay of WWE 2K 22 is running in the background while you are playing a lot of the system resources will be taken up and this can lead to performance issues. This is why in a bid to fix WWE 2K 22 crashing on PC you have to disable the Steam Overlay period to do this follow the steps elucidated below.
- Head to the Steam Library and right click on your game and select the option labeled “Properties” .
- Proceed to click on the option labeled general and then check the box “Enable the steam overlay while in-game”.
3. Install The Latest DirectX File
Another interesting method that can be used to fix crashing WWE 2k22 game crashing and performance issues is by installing the latest DirectX file on your PC.
It is important to note that if you do not have the latest version of Direct X installed on your PC, your WWE 2k22 game will keep crashing. Go to your web browser, Google the latest version of DirectX and install it. At the time of writing this blog post, the latest release of DirectX by Microsoft was version 12.
- Google DirectX, head to their official webpage and download the DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer.
- Then proceed to select the language of your choosing, followed by the “Download” button.
- Download and install DirectX 12 to see if the crashing of the WWE 2k 22 games is fixed.
4. Install the Latest WWE Game Patch
The developers of WWE 2k22 constantly release patches that can be used to regularly improve the features, and fix the game crashing and other known issues. In light of this, the crashing of the WWE2k22 can be fixed by installing its latest game patch. If there is a recent patch of WWE 2k22, Steam can detect it automatically and help you to install it, when you launch the game.
5. Update Your Graphics Card Driver
Also worth noting is that an outdated graphics card can cause your WWE 2k22 game to crash. This can be mitigated by using the latest version of the driver. All you need to do is to download the up-to-date GPU driver from the manufacturer’s website and install it on your system.
Other Ways To Fix PC Crashes On PS5, PS4, And Xbox One
Whether it’s your PS5, PS4, or Xbox One, your gaming console can experience a crash while playing the WWE 2k22 game. The following are practical guides on how to fix these issues:
1. System Updates
First off, it is important to note that an outdated system console can cause a lot of performance issues. The best recommendation for fixing a game crash is to check whether the console is updated to its latest version.
To check for system updates in your PlayStation follow the below-elucidated steps:
- Head to the “Settings” menu on your Playstation console.
- Select the option labeled “System Software Update”, then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the updating process.
- When you are done, proceed to reboot the system, so that the changes will take effect.
To check for system updates with your Xbox console, follow the below-elucidated steps:
- Press the “Home” button that is on the Xbox console.
- Proceed to click on the “Settings” option labelled at the bottom of the menu. From there, the next prompt will be to “Select All Settings”.
- Choose “System> Select Updates”. (Now follow the on-screen prompts to complete the updating process).
- When you are now done, restart your Xbox gaming console, so that the changes will take effect.
2. Reset The Gaming Console
Another interesting fix that can be used is resetting the console. If the above-elucidated method does not come in handy for your gaming console, then proceed to reset it.
For your PlayStation, here is how you can go about it:
- Head to your “Settings” menu that is on the PlayStation console.
- Choose the “Initializing” tab, followed by the “Initialize PS5” or “Initialize PS4”.
- On the next on-screen option select “Full”.
- This will cause your PlayStation to start automatically going to factory settings. It is important to note that this reset procedure can take a couple of hours.
For your Xbox console, here is how you will go about it:
- Press down the Xbox button on the controller to open the Guide menu.
- Choose Profile & System, followed by “Go To Settings”> “Select System”.
- Head to Console info and choose “Reset Console”.
- You will get a prompt to reset and remove everything on your console.