As a PC or console gamer, it would be hard to argue that Guilty Gear Strive is a binge-play worthy game. Despite its popularity and faithful fandom, it is a game laced with glitches and in-game errors. One of the errors we would address in this blog post is ” failed to match with opponent Guilty Gear Strive error fix.” This is a challenge for gamers who wish to invite and play with their friends. In the course of this article, get ready for the fix to this in-game error.
How to Fix ” Failed To Match With Opponent Error”
This is a practical guide on how to fix your Guilty Gear Strive in-game glitch. A lot of gamers face this issue when they use the Unique Search ID to join their friend. However, it fails and takes them back to their default settings. Without further ado, let us delve into the possible fixes:
- Enter a public game room that is not filled with so many gamers. If you are a part of a game room laced with lots of GGS players, the servers might be overloaded, and you will find it difficult to match an opponent.
- Ensure that you and your friends are in the same game lobby. When you have your GGS game partners in the same lobby, it’s easier to find an opponent.
- A third and interesting fix to this in-game error is to press the button at the same time to start searching together.
It is important to note that the developers of the Guilty Gear Strive game have acknowledged this in-game glitch via their official Twitter account. Hopefully there might be a fix around the corner soon. In light of this, if there’s any update on the issue, the dedicated team of editors at Geniuz Media will update this article.
Als0, another reason why you might encounter the “Failed to match with opponent”error might be because the game crashed on your PC. If that is this case, then here are possible fixes to the problem:
Possible Fix 1: Verify the integrity of your GGS game files
First off, it is important to note that corrupted or missing files are a large causative factor to the crashing of the GGS game. In a bid to fix this issue, you can go to Steam to verify the integrity of your game files. When you verify the game files, it might become easy for the gamer to solve issues related to matching with opponents in a game room. Here is how to go about it:
- Head to your Library, then proceed to right click Guilty Gear Strive, then select
- Next up, the game will choose the LOCAL FILES tab, then click the option labeled “Verify integrity of game files”
- Next up, the gamer should wait a few minutes for the Steam platform to verify the GGS game files.
- When you are done with the above elucidated steps, launch your GGS game, and see if it fixes the “Failed to match with opponent”error.
If this those not fix the in–game error, go ahead to try out the next fix:
Using a different game launch option
Lastly, a gamer can use a different launch option to fix crashing issues. For a start, a Guilty Gear Strive gamer can add the console command- “d3d11” in a bid to force GGS to load on DirectX 11. Another route will be to add the console command “-nohmd” to launch the game with no head mounted display. This way you wont need to boot up SteamVR.Conclusion
Guilty Gear Strive is a binge worthy game, whose gamers don’t deserve a bunch of random glitches. Winding up with a “failed to match with opponent error” can be saddening for most gamers. Hopefully, the above detailed guide can help you achieve a fix, and enjoy a sizzling GGS gameplay.
Picks by Editor: