Several questions as per payment is not going through on eBay while trying to pay for an item. Well, here is a guide to put you through on what to do if you are facing this situation.
Most sellers on eBay accept payment by credit and debit cards. You’ll find the payment methods a seller accepts on their listing.
You can pay for your items on eBay with Visa, MasterCard, Discover Card, and American Express. Keep in mind that some sellers may not accept all of these. If you have any questions about paying for your items or eBay can’t process payment, you can always contact the seller.
How to pay with a credit or debit card
- Select Credit or debit card on the checkout page, and enter your card details. We’ll secure your card and won’t share your card details with the seller.
- If you’d like us to save the card details for your next purchase, select Remember this card for future orders.
- Review your order, including your shipping details.
- Select Confirm and pay.
Problems paying with your card
If you have trouble paying with a credit or debit card, check the following:
- Your card details are correct. Make sure that all details, such as the card number, expiration date, and CVV code are entered correctly, and check that the name and billing addresses are exactly as they appear on your card statement.
- Your card is not expired and has been activated. Your card will be declined if it is out of date. If you’re using a new card for the first time, make sure it has been activated. If you’re not sure how to activate your card, contact your card issuer.
- You have sufficient funds. If you don’t have enough credit or funds to cover the cost of your order, your payment may be declined. Your payments may also be declined if you’ve reached your daily transaction limit.
- You need to update your browser. If you’re using an older web browser that isn’t secure enough for making payments or managing your payment methods, you’ll need to update your browser before you can complete your purchase. See our article on technical issues for more information on keeping your browser up to date. If possible, you can also try completing your purchase on another device.
If these troubleshooting steps don’t resolve your issue, try a different payment method or contact your card provider for further assistance.
Updating a saved credit or debit card
You can update the credit or debit card information we have saved for your account at any time:
- Go to Payments in My eBay.
- Select Edit next to the card you want to change under Payment options.
- If you want to add a new card select the +Add payment option instead of Edit
- Update your card information.
- Select Save.